At this moment we have these job openings. Click for details:
VCA is looking for an individual with great organizational and communication skills to fulfill the role of purchasing assistant. This is a full- time position. 1 to 2 years of experience is preferred. The person in this role will report to the Purchasing and Procurement Manager. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm.
* Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department
* Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders
* Call and/or email vendors to check availability, pricing, ETAs
* Follow up on back orders on purchase orders
* Communicate any issues with open purchase orders to sales reps and/or customers
* Update the Excel Spreadsheet daily
* Keep information accessible and organized by sorting and filing documents
* Assist AP to resolve any issues with vendor invoices
Qualifications and Skills:
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
* Knowledge of other Microsoft products, Word, Outlook etc.
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well in a team environment.
* Excellent time management skills
* Have the proper skills to handle a multitude of emails, written, and oral correspondences.
* Maintain cordial and professional relationships with vendors and employees
* Outstanding customer service skills, strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
* Ability to demonstrate creativity, flexibility and initiative in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to anticipate and assist in resolving situations with minimum guidance.
* 1-2 years of purchasing preferred
* Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check
Benefits, 401k, AFLAC, generous paid time off, group term life insurance, discount programs available. Apply today!
VCA takes great pride in fostering a creative, innovate and comfortable workplace that all of our employees can thrive in. Employees that genuinely care about their co-workers, continually strive to achieve excellence and pride themselves on personal integrity are the lifeblood of our company. We are committed to continuous improvement and evolving our teamwork-driven culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on:
Race, Creed, Color, National Origin, Age, Ancestry, Nationality, Marital or Domestic Partnership or Civil Union Status, Sex, Pregnancy, Gender Identity or Expression, Disability, Liability for Military Service, Affectional or Sexual Orientation, Atypical Cellular or Blood Trait, Genetic Information (including the
refusal to submit to genetic testing)
Email resumes to email@example.com Attn: Purchasing